Parenting Can Be One of the Most Rewarding Experiences of Our Lives
When we see our child(ren) smiling, laughing, and behaving, it causes us to feel joy. But, when things are so joyful you may wonder why no one told you about the hard parts of parenthood. The sleepless nights, the chaotic schedules, the misbehavior. Or, feeling like a failure when your child isn’t doing well.
When parenting challenges arise, they can leave you feeling overwhelmed, alone, and not good enough. But, it’s important to remember that you are a good parent!
If you’re struggling, working with a parent counselor can offer you some extra support. This can help you raise a healthy, well-adjusted child and feel confident in your abilities as a parent. Furthermore, a skilled therapist can help you to process the difficult feelings that may arise as you raise your children.
Some of the Common Symptoms That Bring Clients Into Parent Counseling Include:
- Constant feelings of being rushed
- Difficulty with in-laws
- Not feeling good enough
- Feeling overwhelmed, anxious or panicked
- Constantly feeling like a failure
- Parent-child conflict
- Sleep deprivation
- Feeling disconnected from children
- Not being on the same page as spouse/partner
- Difficulty sticking to rules that are set by parents
- Feeling guilty
Parent Counseling in South Jersey Can Support You By:
- Developing a sound parenting plan that is in line with your family values
- Setting healthy boundaries with family members
- Setting reasonable expectations for your children that they agree with
- Cultivating coping skills
- Identifying your strengths as a parent and working to strengthen your weaknesses
- Identifying any past trauma you went through as a child that may influence your parenting
- Setting up discipline guidelines
- Identify any feelings or barriers you may have about setting boundaries
- Dealing with your own residual childhood trauma that is affecting your parenting
- Develop coping skills to deal with your anxiety about your child
- Identify ways to create lasting connections with your kids
- Provide tools and resources to support you
- Letting go as children grow older
- Develop self-care plans for yourself
- Model good parenting behaviors
Our Therapists’ Approach to Parent Counseling in South Jersey
Our approach to providing parent counseling is to identify the root of your issues through talk therapy. To do this, we use various types of therapy to help you reach your parenting goals. Some of our approaches include:
- Parenting Skills Training
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Structural-Family Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Dialectical-Behavioral Therapy
- Emotionally-Focused Therapy
- Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Practice
In the end, our therapists are committed to working with you. Ultimately, we want you to leave counseling feeling confident and sure of your parenting abilities. Therefore, our goal is to help you identify and reach the goals you have for our family. We can help your family feel more connected to one another, and reduce the stress and anxiety in your home.
Our top priority is to help you have a happy, healthy, well family where connections to each other are strong. So. we encourage you to reach out today! Get started on building the family and relationships that you are proud of!
Begin Parent Counseling in South Jersey
- Contact My Therapy Connection
- Meet with a caring therapist
- Start improving your parenting skills!